Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can't run bacula any more.

2017-03-06 07:00:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can't run bacula any more.
From: Francisco Javier Funes Nieto <esencia AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 12:59:11 +0100
Hi Erik,

Can you post the Catalog definition in your bacula-dir.conf ?
Or check:

dbname = bacula
dbuser = bacula
dbpassword = the password for user bacula in MySQL server

The error you show above makes me think about the username it's not configured in your bacula-dir.conf, and Bacula it's trying to connect to the Catalog without username.

Maybe it's a simple question not related with SELinux.

Best Regards,

J.

On 2017-03-06 at 11:27:20 Josip Deanovic wrote:

> On Monday 2017-03-06 10:57:03 Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> > On 2017-03-06 at 09:48:40 Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > > Yes, the manual assumes you did a standard rpm or deb install
> > > without Selinux.  If you did anything else, either you are on
> > > your own, or you must come back to a standard install.
> >

> > And if I happen to install without selinux what advice do I get from
> > this message?
>
> Are you using selinux?
>
> If you do, I would suggest to turn it off (not just because of
> bacula). It's unreliable, too complex and almost certainly will make
> more harm than good. It will also make you think that your system
> substantially more secure.
>
> If you really need security enhanced system there are other solutions
> that have proven themselves to actually make system more secure and
> they are often less complex and easier to maintain but I don't want
> to go into it because it would leave the scope of this mailing list.
>

> Anyways, if you want to continue with selinux you will have to
> learn how it works, how to manage it and how to debug it in order
> to understand how your bacula processes relate to different files
> and then you have to setup a proper selinux context for that files.
> I believe it's possible to find many articles on this subject on the
> internet.

This was something Kern brought up out of the blue. I need no advice on
selinux. Read my previous messages about my bacula problems. If you can
offer advice on these problems I would be more than happy. And contrary
to what Kern thinks I do read manuals.

--
Venlig hilsen,
Erik P. Olsen

Francisco Javier Funes Nieto [esencia AT gmail DOT com]
CANONIGOS
Servicios Informáticos para PYMES.
Cl. Cruz 2, 1º Oficina 7
Tlf: 958.536759 / 661134556