Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error: sql_create.c:387 Volume x already exists

2017-03-04 17:05:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error: sql_create.c:387 Volume x already exists
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 23:04:35 +0100
On Saturday 2017-03-04 21:33:00 Matteo Cerutti wrote:
> Hi Josip,
>

> I am only using it in my JobDefs resource(s).
>

> However, as I mentioned, I have tried a number of configurations:
>

>   *   multiple device directives in the director storage configuration
> with the same media type (as documented in
> http://blog.bacula.org/whitepapers/CommunityDiskBackup.pdf) *   using
> autochanger, as documented in the pdf above
>

> If this is not a supported configuration, which one should I go for my
> use case?

I am not sure if this a supported configuration or not. I am hoping
for someone to confirm or to deny it.
I haven't found any similar example in the documentation and bacula's
parser doesn't recognize it as a syntax error.

To keep it on a safe side you could reference the storage from
Pool resource definition. E.g. you could put "Storage = FileStorage1"
in your first pool, "Storage = FileStorage2" in your second pool and
so on.

Note that if you set the Storage in pool resource it will override
the Storage option in the Job resource.

This will probably fix that problem where you noticed that all the
volumes have the same MediaType.

--
Josip Deanovic