Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape full before it should.

2017-01-22 09:49:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape full before it should.
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 09:31:11 -0500
On Jan 9, 2017, at 10:04 AM, Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk> wrote:

If you don't have a LTO tape cartridge reader (www.mptapes.com),

I went there to find out more.  Do you know prices? I dislike companies who do not display prices on their websites.

then the next best thing is to ensure you have the latest version of sg3_tools installed, and use sg_read_attr to interrogate the chip.

Next I went here to find out more about sg_read_attr http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg3_utils.html

I have no idea what getopt+ means in the porte column, given the definition given on that page.

But hey, we've got that ported to FreeBSD: http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/sg3_utils/

I'm presently querying SCSI devices for corrected errors / GB and use that for retiring DLT and SDLT tapes.  Now that I'm moving on up to LTO-4, I should start using sg_read_attr.  I'll report back with that I can do.

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon
dan AT langille DOT org