Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Schedule 4 disks rotating weekly

2017-01-04 10:58:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Schedule 4 disks rotating weekly
From: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 10:57:41 -0500
On 01/04/17 10:52, Martin Simmons wrote:

>> I have 4 disks:
>>
>> I'd want to plug every disk every monday.
>>
>> So, Mondays run Full Backups and the rest of the days
>> Differential/Incremental ones
>> I'd want that operator: rotate from disk 1 to disk 4 regardless the week of
>> the month. Or at least is a way that set the number of week of the month
>> regardless of the day of week?
>
> You could use "Week of Year" notation (w01, w02 etc) plus the day (mon, tue
> etc).  The schedule might have to be rewritten every year to get continuity
> though.

Or you could go the calendar-independent route and set an appropriate
volume use window.  If you set the volume use window to be just less
than a week, expiring late Sunday night or early Monday morning, it will
force Bacula to rotate to the next volume weekly.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications