Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Schedule 4 disks rotating weekly

2016-12-30 16:39:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] Schedule 4 disks rotating weekly
From: Sergio Belkin <sebelk AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 18:37:28 -0300
Hi,

I have 4 disks:

I'd want to plug every disk every monday.

So, Mondays run Full Backups and the rest of the days Differential/Incremental ones

But I've found some weird of configure, for example:

December 20th altough is the 4th week of month bacula take it as 3rd week, because is the 3rd tuesday of month, eg:

Run = Level=Differential Pool=Disk1 1th at 13:40

     January 17
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
                               1
 2   3  4  5    6   7     8
 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Monday 2: Disk1 (Full)
Monday 9: Disk2
Monday 16:Disk3
Monday 23: Disk4
Monday 30: Disk1 (again) (Configure bacula to run Full)

Run = Level=Differential Pool=Disk1 1st at 13:40
Run = Level=Differential Pool=Disk1 5th at 13:40

But in february, I'd run into problems:

for example:

take a look at 2nd week:

Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
     6  7  8  9  10  11  12

(The first week there is no problem, because it woud be the same disk)

Now, February 6 and 7 have no issues, because, 6 is the first monday and 7 the first tuesday. But February 8 would ignore it because is the second wednesday of the month.

I'd want that operator: rotate from disk 1 to disk 4 regardless the week of the month. Or at least is a way that set the number of week of the month regardless of the day of week?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org