Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] symbol lookup error

2016-09-13 04:09:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] symbol lookup error
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Gael Guilmin <Gael.Guilmin AT PDGM DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 10:07:49 +0200
There are several solutions:

1. Switch to using Postgresql
2. Build Bacula yourself, but be sure to take the very latest version (7.4.3) from
the bacula.org git repository.
3. Ubuntu has now fixed this problem and they have the binaries somewhere (PPA I
think).  I imagine they will be officially released shortly if not already.

4. With your current system, you might be able to copy libmysqlclient.so (or link it)
to libmysqlclient_r.so.  That is the root of the problem is that Bacula wants
libmysqlclient_r.so, and with the new MySQL there is only libmysqlclient.so.  Note:
these binaries should be in something like /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/  I have not
tried this but it should work without changing anything in Bacula.

Best regards,
Kern