Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Update: Bacula btape multivolume fill test help requested

2016-08-04 09:02:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] Update: Bacula btape multivolume fill test help requested
From: Peter Szaban <pszaban AT wne DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:00:08 -0400
Hello again,

    Yesterday I posted a message describing how I was having trouble
getting bacula 7.4.3's btape fill command to work with an LTO6 tape
library.

    Last night, for fun, I decided to compile bacula 5.2.3.  It turns out
that btape in bacula 5.2.3 successfully completes the btape fill test,
while bacula 7.4.3 fails.

    I'm no sure where to go from here.  Maybe I'll stick with v5.2.3, which
I have used successfully for years, or maybe try 7.4.2 since Kern recommends
packagers to use that version, or find other intermediate version.

    Anybody have any suggestions for a particularly stable version of
bacula?

--

    Pete Szaban, Graphics/Network Analyst & Tech. |     (413) 782-1239
            Western New England University        |     pszaban AT wne DOT edu