Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Connection Problems

2016-07-26 14:05:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Connection Problems
From: CRUCIALcane <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:03:53 -0700
Oh my God that worked. Thank you very much. I have spent 2 days reading
documentation and googling my ass off, but never came across that bug report.
You made my day  :D

Hello,

If you are using Ubuntu 16.04 (seems like you are) and you are installing
the Bacula version that they supply, please be aware that Ubuntu has
used some linking options that are not compatible with Bacula and
cause it to fail. Either you need to get a corrected version (see their
bug reporting system), or if this is the linking bug that I am referring to
(it looks like it), there is a workaround. The basic bug causes most (not
all) of Bacula's default values to not be set. So, in this particular case,
the Maximum Console Connections is 0 rather than the default value of
20 in the director. To work around it, you just need to explicitly specify
the Maximum Console Connections in the bacula-dir.conf file. Note, there
is a high probability that other default variables for other daemons are
also affected.

For more details see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1553563

Note, the bug refers to Bacula 7.4.x but the same problem will happen
with other versions of Bacula built for Ubuntu 16.04.

Best regards,
Kern