Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How do I remove the volumes?

2016-06-30 18:38:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How do I remove the volumes?
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:20:17 -0400
On 06/30/2016 03:37 PM, Michael Munger wrote:
> I have reached my max volume limit of 100 volumes. MOST of them are
> empty, error'd out, and useless. Backups stopped today because it
> couldn't find an appendable volume.
>
> I asked Google and RTFM, but am clearly searching for the wrong thing...
> or thinking about it the wrong way.
>
> How do I clean this up?

Hi Michael,

For all the volumes that are in volstatus "Error" and volbytes = "1" and
volfiles = "0", you can simply issue the bconsole delete volume=xxxx  command,
then remove the the file volume from the disk storage.

Also, maybe before you do that you can try to see the jobs that used (well,
created but could not use) these volumes and try to solve the root cause.

In bconsole, this will show you in the summary:

* llist joblog jobid=xxx

I suspect it was a permissions issue, or a full file system, but we will need
to see some job logs to confirm.

Best regards,

Bill

--