Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job gets stuck running a script before the actual job

2016-06-30 05:59:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job gets stuck running a script before the actual job
From: Florian Splett <florian.splett AT web DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 11:58:02 +0200

Hello, again.

Sadly no progress on my end so far.

I forgot to mention that I have Bacula running on Ubuntu 14.04.
Not sure if that is important.

Regards,

Florian Splett

Am 28.06.2016 um 13:00 schrieb Florian Splett:

Hello, Bacula Community.

I am currently working on a setup to have Bacula write backups to a folder mounted over a VPN connection.

To accomplish this I created 2 scripts to run before and after the backup job:

First Script sets up openVPN connection and mounts the folder
Second script unmounts the folder and kills the VPN connection.

The problem is that the bacula job simply gets stuck during the first script and does not continue. This goes to the point where I can't cancel the job and have to restart the director. The File deamon is not contacted while the job is stuck.

It is not an issue with permissions. My bacula user received sudo rights to execute the scripts. Also the script runs perfectly fine when used outside of the bacula job.

Does anyone have an idea what may cause this deadlock?
I am using Bacula 7.0.5 by the way.

Here are the job definition and scripts:

Job {
  Name = "Backup_Remote"
  Client = Server1_fd
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  storage = Storage_Remote
  pool = Pool_Remote
  FileSet = "Remote"
  schedule = "VPNCycle"
  RunBeforeJob = "sudo /etc/bacula/openvpn-client-start.sh"
  RunAfterJob = "sudo /etc/bacula/openvpn-client-stop.sh"
  messages = Standard
  Priority = 50
}

openvpn-client-start.sh
#!/bin/bash
openvpn --config /etc/openvpnconfig/openvpn.ovpn --auth-nocache --auth-retry none --replay-window 128 30 & pid=$!
sleep 5s
if mountpoint -q /mnt/remote; then
  exit 0
else