Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Establishing an offsite archive

2016-06-23 12:34:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Establishing an offsite archive
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:33:46 -0400
Hi Martin,

You can run a single copy job that copies all jobs from a pool that have
not already been copied by selecting jobs using an SQL query. For
example, the below selects jobs that have been written to the "full"
pool in the last week AND that have not already been successfully
copied. The pool that they are copied to is determined from the "full"
pool's "Next Pool" setting, in this case "offsite". In my case there is
only one SD and I physically move the media offsite. I have never worked
with SD-to-SD copying, but I believe that you would still select the
jobs in the same manner. Of course, your required SQL statement will be
different than mine, since your PoolId's etc. will differ.

Job {
   Name = "Copy_Offsite"
   Type = Copy
   Level = Full
   Client = node1-fd
   FileSet = "Default_Fileset"
   Storage = changer1
   Selection Type = "SQLQuery"
   Selection Pattern = "SELECT DISTINCT Job.JobId FROM Job WHERE
Job.PoolId = '3' AND Job.RealEndTime > DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
INTERVAL 7 DAY) AND Job.Type = 'B' AND Job.Level = 'F' AND Job.JobStatus
IN ('T','W') AND Job.JobId NOT IN (SELECT PriorJobId FROM Job WHERE Type
= 'C' AND JobStatus IN ('T','W') );"
   Pool = full
   SpoolAttributes = yes
   Messages = Standard