Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] The "5 minute email interval" bug is on another server now!

2016-05-25 06:57:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] The "5 minute email interval" bug is on another server now!
From: bdam <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 03:56:38 -0700
I reported various problems a while ago related to a long-running archive job
which needed a dozen tapes over a 3 day period. All would go well in the sense
I would be prompted to change them when expected, with an email which scheduled
itself in the usual exponential backoff matter. When I got to tape 9 or so
though, the email frequency became exactly 5 minutes. This meant I was
bombarded with them unless I could get to the server in time, which turned out
to be 64 of these emails. The whole job then failed with the "failed to mount
correct volume in time" message I reported here earlier.

So I'd put this down to my bad config or something else wrong on that server,
when this morning I woke up to 64 emails from another one in another office,
this time sending emails at 5 mins apart for a regular daily backup job. I can
understand why after 64 of these its time to give up, but only when the full
exponential backup schedule is used. In this state, it amounts to 64 * 5 mins =
5.33 hours, which for me the first time was the middle of the night before the
job aborted.

They are identical servers.
Fedora 23 / Bacula 7.4.0 /HP LTO-3 SCSI devices
uname -r = 4.4.9-300.fc23.x86_64