Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 7.0 CentOS Bacula Packages Deploy: Postgresql and random Password Auto-generation Issues

2016-05-10 15:10:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 7.0 CentOS Bacula Packages Deploy: Postgresql and random Password Auto-generation Issues
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 21:09:10 +0200
Hello,

On 05/10/2016 05:14 PM, Heitor Faria wrote:
Hello, List,

1. I'm testing (for publication purposes) the stock CentOS 7.0 packages Bacula Deploy and I can't see Postgresql binaries (e.g.: bacula-director-postgresql). Is it safe to say they won't be distributed anymore?

You will need to ask CentOS or RedHat that question.  Bacula definitely supports PostgreSQL.

2. Fresh Bacula configuration files are not filled with random passwords (e.g.:@@DIR_PASSWORD@@). Is there a missing dependency or is this on purpose?

It sounds like they (CentOS/RedHat) have badly messed up the packaging.

Best regards,
Kern

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria  - LPIC-III | ITIL-F |  Bacula Systems Certified Administrator II
Próximas aulas telepresencial ao-vivo - 02 de maio: http://www.bacula.com.br/agenda/
Ministro treinamento e implementação in-company Bacula: http://www.bacula.com.br/in-company/
Ou assista minhas videoaulas on-line: http://www.bacula.com.br/treinamento-bacula-ed/
Site: www.bacula.com.br | Facebook: heitor.faria