Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to resume backup

2016-05-05 08:30:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to resume backup
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: Daniel <5960761 AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 12:28:26 +0000
Daniel,

Generally speaking, the resume or restart bconsole commands are new and tend to work best if one used a stop command on a job.  Network disconnects and other causal failures usually leave a job with an error state vs an incomplete state.  An incomplete state on a job is more likely to resume properly.  An error state usually means that you will have to restart or in this case start a new job from the beginning.  As the resume/restart feature matures, the expectation is that some of these conditions will be addressed and we won’t have to go back to the beginning quite so often.

Patti