Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about job and file retention.

2016-03-30 06:07:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about job and file retention.
From: Philip Brown <philip.brown AT kiwienglish DOT es>
To: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>, Bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:48:31 +0200
On 03/30/2016 08:34 AM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> How do I change the job and file retention values? I've changed the
> values in bacula-dir.conf but I also have to change them in the
> catalogue and I can't find how to do it with bconsole.

this should help you out...

http://bacula.10910.n7.nabble.com/Changing-Retention-Periods-tp76699p76700.html

Remember that the pool resource in bacula is just a template on how to
create new volumes. Changing anything in that resource does not apply
to volumes that already exist. To fix you need to run 2 commands in
bconsole. They should be similar to the following ( I am going from
memory here ):

update pool from resource

update all volumes in pool

Philip