Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backups Crossing Versions

2016-03-24 04:51:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backups Crossing Versions
From: Wanderlei Huttel <wanderleihuttel AT gmail DOT com>
To: Alex Brandt <alunduil AT alunduil DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 05:47:11 -0300

Hello Alex

It's not possible.
bacula-dir and bacula-sd must be in higher version of bacula-fd.

Best Regards

Wanderlei Hüttel
Enviado de Motorola Moto X2

Em 24 de mar de 2016 12:47 AM, "Alex Brandt" <alunduil AT alunduil DOT com> escreveu:
Hey,

I'm assuming the answer will be to stop mixing versions but I have to ask if
it's possible to backup bacula-fd-7.x from a bacula-dir-5.x and bacula-sd-5.x.
I receive messages about the password being wrong (when the same configuration
works under bacula-fd-5.x) but I assume that's due to a change in the password
handling mechanism of bacula.  Are these assumptions correct or is there
anyway to accomplish this type of backup?

Thanks,

--
Alex Brandt
Software Developer for Rackspace and Developer for Gentoo