Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for..

2016-03-16 12:01:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for..
From: mocanal <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 08:55:40 -0700
I had the same issue and after investigate for a long one day. This work for me:

1. In the file bacula-dir.conf where is defined the pool, put the label:

Label Format = Catalog- (in my case I'm backing catalog and the label of the
file is "Catalog")

Example:

Pool {
  Name = Catalog
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  Label Format = Catalog-
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 365 days         # one year
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G          # Limit Volume size to something
reasonable
  Maximum Volumes = 100               # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
}

Another issue. If you have problems to connect with the storage.

2.  In the file bacula-sd.conf where is defined the Storage:

Change the SDAddress=127.0.0.1 into the real IP address of the server

Example:

Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = backup-sd
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  SDAddress = 192.168.0.26