Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring: error 2800 at end of tape

2016-01-22 06:58:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring: error 2800 at end of tape
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 11:56:25 GMT

> > It is probably caused by this error on the fd:
> >
> >> 21-Jan 00:07 xxxxxx-fd JobId 1199: Error: bsock.c:221 Socket open error.
> >> proto=28 port=9103. ERR=Protocol not supported
> >
> > It looks like your configuration is specifying IPv6, but the client doesn't
> > support it.
>
> This is indeed true: bacula on FreeBSD is always compiled with IPv6
> support, but my kernel has IPv6 disabled.
>
> However I feel a bit confused why the two would be related...
> The "status" command gives this warning, but works.
> Backups work too (again with this warning).
> Why would it matter only on restores?

The "Socket open error" causes the job error count to be incremented, which
causes the fd to return an error status (TermCode=69 and Errors=1).

I don't know why it only affects restores.

> I also asked about this in the past and I was told it was harmless.
> Is it a bug then?

It looks like a bug to me, at least in how it reports the problem.

> In any case, I recompiled everything without IPv6 (by adding
> "--disable-ipv6" to the port's Makefile) and nothing changed:
> I still get "Error: bsock.c:221 Socket open error. proto=28 port=9103.
> ERR=Protocol not supported" on status, backup and restore; the former
> two work properly anyway, while the third fails.

I don't see how it could use an IPv6 address if --disable-ipv6 is specified.
Did you recompile and reinstall the bacula-client port or just bacula-server?
The IPv6 support is in bacula-client, which installs libbac.so.

__Martin