Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula with Tape Autoloader broken pipe.

2015-09-06 08:37:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula with Tape Autoloader broken pipe.
From: Alain Deleglise <alain.deleglise AT alterway DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 14:09:55 +0200
Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing a blocking issue using bacula 5.2.6 on Debian wheezy.

I have a VM hosted on VMWare ESXi, on an IBM Blade Center. Backups are made on LTO-5 tapes, with an IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader.

The TS2900 is correctly recognized, and I'm able to use it with mt and the mtx-changer script.

I have labeled every tape (with its slot) and created volumes assigned to pools.

When the jobs require a specific tape, Bacula is able to select the correct volume and mount the tape.

The jobs runs for a random amount of time, and faills. It shows "broken pipe" and the "backup.c:1190" error.

I have set the Heartbeat Interval to 60, but it keeps on failing.

Do you guys have an idea on what's going on ? I can give more details if needed.

Thanks.

Alain.