Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Tape Migration Question

2015-09-03 07:07:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Tape Migration Question
From: Anthony McGovern <anthony.mcgovern AT griffith DOT ie>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 10:48:34 +0000

Hi All.

           Just had a quick question about bacula migrations. I’ve inherited an older version of bacula (Version 5.0.1) from the last sysadmin who’s now left our company so apologies if this has been asked before.  im trying to do a restore of a backup that has been migrated to an LTO-5 Tape. The problem is the tape has been misplaced. I still have the actual volume sitting on the bacula server  “Yavin-Full-0887”  this file is in our /mnt/bacula directory on the server. Problem is according to the catalogue bacula knows this volume has been migrated to tape. So when I do a restore its quite rightly asking for the tape “Migrated-Jobs-007”. Is there any way of telling bacula that look I know it’s been migrated to tape but point it back at the file. I assume it would have to involve an ugly SQL hack of the catalogue to update it to look for the volume instead  of the LTO Tape but that’s messy and I’d rather not break our bacula server on my first week J. Im just wondering if there is an easy way to do this?

Kind Regards

Anthony McGovern

IT Systems Administrator

Wellington Building

Griffith College

South Circular Road, Dublin 8, Ireland

Website: http://www.griffith.ie

Disclaimer:

This E-mail is from Griffith College Dublin.

The E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you are not the addressee you are prohibited from disclosing its content, copying it or distributing it otherwise than to the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error,

please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your computer. Griffith College is a trading name of Bellerophon Ltd,

(registered in Ireland No. 60469) with its registered address as Griffith College Campus,South Circular Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.

P Think before you print!