Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SQL query for copy jobs

2015-09-02 17:56:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SQL query for copy jobs
From: Greg Woods <greg AT gregandeva DOT net>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 15:51:35 -0600
Thanks for looking at this.

I am a bit redfaced right now, because it looks like I have to withdraw the question. When I used "bat" to view the Jobs Run, and clicked "Filter Copy Jobs", a lot of the confusing stuff was removed, and I could see that the dates actually had a monotonically increasing progression. Which means that, in fact, I wasn't getting duplicate jobs copied and the ones I thought hadn't been copied actually were.

To check if a job was already copied you have to verify priorjobid column in job table. The original job will have a priorjobid=0 and a copied job will have a priorjobid=<jobid> of the original.

Yes, that is exactly what the "ArchiveAll" job is counting on.

Your SQL is very weird to me. You copy jobs from pool File to the Pool File?

Sorry for the confusion there.

 Pool {
  Name = File
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 90 days         # 3 months
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G         # Limit Volume size to something reasonable
  Maximum Volumes = 70                # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
  Storage = BKUP
  Next Pool = Archive                 # Where to copy/migrate to
}

The Pool definition for the File pool lists "Next Pool = Archive", so the copy jobs really were being written to the Archive pool.

Sorry for the noise everyone.

--Greg