Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring Windows Files Problem

2015-08-19 14:40:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring Windows Files Problem
From: "E.L.L. Assoua" <ellassoua AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 20:39:07 +0200
I had this issue.

Place the following option in your restore Job

Where = /

With this option the files will be restore to the root of the drive

Best regards,

Luc Assoua

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:16 PM via Postbox
Hello All,

I notice when I restore files to the root of a Windows drive, the restore goes okay.  However, the T folder gets assigned the system hidden attribute.  For example, if I restore T:/folderA to an initialized T: drive, the files get restored to T:\T\folderA.  T:\T is hidden and I have to unhide it.  Is this a known "problem" or am I doing something wrong?  Any way around it?

I know I can just restore the folderA to the T: drive without having the full path folders, but was wondering why the T folder is getting set to be hidden.  Is this some kind of inheritance thing?

Thanks in advance,
-craig

Sent from Postbox