Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] error connecting to database

2015-08-05 08:47:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] error connecting to database
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 09:45:27 -0300 (BRT)

Em ter, 4 de ago de 2015 às 23:01, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com> escreveu:
Hey Ana,
 Nice to hear from you!

Tried that:

Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
# Uncomment the following line if you want the dbi driver
  #dbdriver = "dbi:mysql"; dbaddress = "db.example.com"; dbport = 3306
  dbname = "bacula";  dbuser = "admin_ssl"; dbpassword = "secret"; dbaddress = "db.example.com"; dbport = 3306
}

And restarted. Same result unfortunately! :(

[root@ops:~] #tail -f /var/log/bacula/bacula.log
Database=bacula User=admin_ssl
MySQL connect failed either server not running or your authorization is incorrect.
05-Aug 01:59 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
05-Aug 01:59 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
05-Aug 01:59 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: mysql.c:210 Unable to connect to MySQL server.
Database=bacula User=admin_ssl
MySQL connect failed either server not running or your authorization is incorrect.
05-Aug 01:59 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
1. Is your remote MySQL server version the same installed in your Bacula Server?
2. From your Bacula server can you "telnet ip_address 3306" your MySQL server?
3. Do you have selinux or iptables enabled at MySQL Server? Someone wrote that never had problems with selinux. Neither do I, since I always disable it. =)
Just ignore 2 and 3. I forgot you can connect with calling the client directly.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Tim