Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] configuration question: IPs and hostnames

2015-07-13 08:44:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] configuration question: IPs and hostnames
From: Florian Schnabel <florian.schnabel AT docufy DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 14:29:26 +0200
Hi,

I got a bacula setup running for several years now, sadly I hit a snag
and was hoping someone here can help me.
The setup is as follows:

* bacula-director and bacula-sd running on one box (v. 5.2.6, Debian wheezy)
* several bacula-sd (v. 5.2.6, Debian wheezy)
* one bacula-sd (v. 5.2.6, Debian jessie) (<- this is the box i'm
currently making my changes to)

I doubt the versions do matter but for the sake of completion .. :-)

Now I'm in the middle of the painfull process of migration to different
IPs (from 192.168.0.0/24 to 10.0.0.0/8) and got a LAN and DMZ area too
as to make things anything but simple.

I'm trying to use hostnames everywhere now so I changed the Storage
definition for bacula-director to a FQN (host.domain.com) that is
resolvably at least for my servers. Now the bacula-director got two IPs
.. one in the old segment, one in the new. The main bunch of the
bacula-sd still got old IPs and connect to the director/storage on the
old IP. For one bacula-sd I tried switching over to the new IP (only, no
dual IP there) but then bacula won't work anymore. According to the
error message it tried sending the backup to the bacula-fd on the OLD
IP, even though on the box the hostname resolves correctly to the new IP
it SHOULD use.

I got the sneaking suspicion the hostname on the configuration gets
resolved on the director, not the sd and is wrong. Is there any way
around that? For the migration I need to be able to switch one box after
the other to the new IPs, there are a buckload of internal services on
there that i can't possibly all reconfigure at once ...

Any help would be appreciated.

Florian