Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bextract recovery of files after bare-metal restore

2015-07-02 14:35:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] bextract recovery of files after bare-metal restore
From: Gary Dale <garydale AT torfree DOT net>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:17:36 -0400
I'm finishing up rebuilding a server and just need to get a few files
back from a backup. I've got bacula going to the point that I can test
the configuration files and not see any errors. However I haven't
created any new pools yet. I want to make sure I don't touch the current
backup volumes until I get these files back.

I'm getting this when I try to run bextract:

root@molar:/etc/bacula# bextract -i /home/copy/restore-shares -V*
/home/shares/backup /home/shares/shared
bextract: butil.c:287 Using device: "/home/shares/backup" for reading.
02-Jul 14:11 bextract JobId 0: Warning: acquire.c:239 Read open device
"FileStorage" (/home/shares/backup) Volume "*" failed: ERR=dev.c:568
Could not open: /home/shares/backup/*, ERR=No such file or directory

Mount Volume "*" on device "FileStorage" (/home/shares/backup) and press
return when ready:

The restore-shares include simply lists /home/shares/shared as the
directory to restore. The FileStorage "device" is:

root@molar:/etc/bacula# ls -l /home/shares/backup/
total 451951036
-rw------- 1 root root 25769801872 Jun 29 02:13 weekly-backup-0
-rw------- 1 root root 25769797526 Jun 29 02:26 weekly-backup-1