Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Compiling FD 7.0.5 on Solaris 11.2 x86_64

2015-06-24 08:25:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Compiling FD 7.0.5 on Solaris 11.2 x86_64
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Gary <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 09:20:43 -0300 (BRT)
> Hi Mark,
>
>> we are attempting to compile Bacula FD 7.0.5 on Solaris 11.2 x86_64. When
>> running the .configure we get the following error message:

Did you tried to install this?
It's for Solaris 10 but maybe it will help. It was a contribution from Uwe from
this list: http://bacula.us/bacula-solaris-systems-10-sparc-download/

> [SNIP]
>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `depend'
>> chmod: WARNING: can't access storage-ctl
>> chmod: WARNING: can't access bsg_persist
>>
>> ..
>>
>> Configure options as follows:
>>
>> CFLAGS="-g" ./configure   --sbindir=/opt/bacula/bin
>> --sysconfdir=/opt/bacula/etc --enable-smartalloc
>> --with-pid-dir=/opt/bacula/working   --with-subsys-dir=/opt/bacula/working
>> --with-working-dir=/opt/bacula/working   --enable-client-only
>> --disable-build-dird --disable-build-stored
>>
>> ..
>>
>> I am not sure if I am missing something for the pre reqs on Solaris. Any
>> suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
> I haven't gotten to my 11.2 boxes yes, this works on 11.0 x64:
> ./configure  CC=cc CXX=CC CFLAGS="-g -O" --prefix=/opt/bacula
> --with-dir-password=password --with-fd-password=password
> --with-sd-password=password --with-fd-user=root --with-fd-group=backup
> --enable-smartalloc --enable-client-only
>
> I used the SunStudio 12.2 compiler on this system.
>
> I use Sunstudio, rather than gcc, for my Solaris systems, both SPARC and
> x64, as it is free.

Did you try gcc? I have no larger experience with Unix but a quick rough HP-UX
client build, and some very experienced people told me to use it. Don't know if
that applies to Solaris.
I was not able to build 7.0.5, but 5.2.13.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training?
https://www.udemy.com/bacula-backup-software/?couponCode=bacula-list
+55 61 8268-4220