Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Jobs not showing in bconsole/BAT

2015-06-16 10:22:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Jobs not showing in bconsole/BAT
From: João Kuchnier <joao.kuchnier AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 11:17:26 -0300
Hi, everyone!

Friday I updated just the "Pool from resource". Now I have just updated the seven tapes that were already configured on pool. I will check this setup during the week.

Thanks!

João Kuchnier

On 06/16/2015 01:40 AM, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
> Hello,

> <mailto:joao.kuchnier AT gmail DOT com>>:
>
>     Ana, Hi!
>
>     I changed the configuration as you said, but I'm still having the same
>     problem. BAT and bconsole are only showing the last 28 days. This is my
>     pool configuration now:
>
>     Pool {
>             Name = xyz-tape-vol
>             Pool Type = Backup
>             AutoPrune = yes
>             Recycle = yes
>             Volume Use Duration = 7 days
>             Volume Retention = 45 days
>             File Retention = 45 days
>             Job Retention = 45 days
>     }
>
>     The way I configured should show the last 45 days. Am I right?
>

> For all your new volumes - Yes. For all your old volumes, nope, unless you
> update your volumes parameters with bconsole->update command. In both cases
> you will need to wait 45 days to check if it is working correctly.
>
> best regards
> --
> Radosław Korzeniewski

Hi everyone,

If João really needs to see files list from these volumes, he can also bscan
the old volumes to re-populate the jobs and file records into the database.

João,

After modifying your pool, you need to take some additional steps:

First test config syntax - broken syntax can crash the director during
bconsole "reload", so test first after making changes.

# bacula-dir -t -c /path/to/bacula-dir.conf

In bconsole:

* reload

* update pool=poolThatWasModified   (repeat for each changed pool)

* update --> Volume Parameters -->  All Volumes from all Pools

(Ignore any "Update Failed" db errors. These are caused by pools with no
volumes in them.)

Then, list the media and pools to verify that your retention periods are what
you expect:

* list media

* show pools

After this all looks correct, (and if you really want to see the old
jobs/files), you can run bscan (see the utility.pdf manual) on all of your
volumes which have the jobs & files that you want to see in bconsole/BAT.

(Of course that will work as long as those volumes have not been re-used)

Hope this helps!

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski