Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Volumes purged but not recycled

2015-03-24 14:38:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Volumes purged but not recycled
From: Michael Schwager <mschwager AT mochotrading DOT com>
To: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 13:37:23 -0500
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Michael Schwager <mschwager AT mochotrading DOT com> wrote:
The question then is: How do I get a Purged, Recycle-able tape to get written to starting at the beginning? Do I need to delete it and re-add it?

​Ooops- I figured it out. The order of operations that was performed was:
* Purge (Recycle = 0)
* Recycle = 1​ (I did this, but Bacula did nothing to the tape)
* status=Append (I did this)

...At that point, we had a purged, appendable volume and like you say, Bacula appended to it.

​Today it was already Recycle=1 and the data backed up last night was basically useless so I re-purged it.​ Bacula took it immediately and I can see that it's writing to the tape from the beginning.

Thanks for the help.

- Mike Schwager
  Linux Network Engineer, Mocho Trading LLC
  312-646-4783 Phone    312-637-0011 Cell    312-957-9804 Fax

This message is for the named person(s) use only. It may contain confidential proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Mocho Trading LLC reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.