Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FIFO Backup Questions

2015-02-28 09:25:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FIFO Backup Questions
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:19:20 -0300 (BRT)
The answer to #1 is given in your #2 -- i.e. it is complicated, and if you do not have a program on the other end of a FIFO doing the right thing (read/write), Bacula will stall.  FIFOs have their place, but you have to understand them very well to make them work or debug them.
Hello Kern! Copy operations seems to trigger the end o FIFO, so I suppose Bacula read operation will do the trick.
I will keep researching. Maybe posting on a Shell Script list will be more fruitful.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria  - LPIC-III | ITIL-F
02 a 13 de Março - Novo Treinamento Telepresencial Bacula: http://www.bacula.com.br/?p=2174