Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Unable to authenticate with File daemon

2015-02-09 14:23:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Unable to authenticate with File daemon
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: "J. Echter" <j.echter AT echter-kuechen-elektro DOT de>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 14:20:49 -0500

On Feb 9, 2015, at 1:06 PM, J. Echter <j.echter AT echter-kuechen-elektro DOT de> wrote:

Am 08.02.2015 um 23:59 schrieb Dan Langille:

On Feb 8, 2015, at 5:36 PM, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org> wrote:

This is the classic situation.  The configuration files are supplied below.

Please find my error.  I am starting to suspect the client binaries.

Server is Version: 7.0.5 on FreeBSD 9.3

Client is FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p4 (actually, a pfSense installation) with bacula-client 7.0.5

Problem solved.

Instead of installing the binaries via the pfSense web UI, I installed binaries via
FreeBSD's pkg tools.  Those binaries work with the same configuration file.

—
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/

Hi Dan,

i'm on the pfsense list too and i got it running by doing the following steps (everythings installed via webui, a reboot kills the functionality, so i assume its init script failures).

https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=85265.0

i basically followed this howto, the db dir was already there (i upgraded pfsense to 2.2).

i copy & pasted my config to /usr/pbi/bacula-amd64/local/etc/bacula-fd.conf, make sure no bacula is running and run it manually with the following command:

/usr/local/sbin/bacula-fd -u root -g wheel -v -c /usr/pbi/bacula-amd64/local/etc/bacula-fd.conf

since then it works until i reboot.

Thanks. That never worked for me.  I tried.  I failed.  Same configuration file, different binaries, didn't work.

—
Dan Langille