Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] change of hostname leads to TLS failure

2015-02-01 10:48:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] change of hostname leads to TLS failure
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 10:41:40 -0500

On Jan 31, 2015, at 9:27 PM, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

Hey all,

 I'd like to change the hostname of one of my servers that uses bacula.

  So I generated some new certs after updating the hostname in /etc/hosts:

[root@web1:/etc/bacula] #ls -l /etc/pki/tls/* | grep web1
-r-------- 1 root   root      1956 Jan 31 20:34 web1.mydomain.com.crt
-r-------- 1 root   root   3311 Jan 31 20:34 web1.mydomain.com.key

And updated the bacula-fd.conf file on the host:

[root@web1:/etc/bacula] #cat bacula-fd.conf

#

# Default  Bacula File Daemon Configuration file

#

#  For Bacula release 5.2.13 (19 February 2013) -- redhat

#

# There is not much to change here except perhaps the

# File daemon Name to

#

#

# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon

#

Director {

  Name = ops.mydomain.com

  Password = secret

  TLS Certificate = /etc/pki/tls/certs/web1.mydomain.com.crt

  TLS Key = /etc/pki/tls/private/web1.mydomain.com.key

  TLS CA Certificate File = /etc/pki/CA/certs/ca.crt

  TLS Enable = yes

  TLS Require = yes

}

#

# "Global" File daemon configuration specifications

#

FileDaemon {                          # this is me

  Name = web1.mydomain.com

  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director

  WorkingDirectory = /var/bacula

  Pid Directory = /var/run

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20

  TLS Certificate = /etc/pki/tls/certs/web1.mydomain.com.crt

  TLS Key = /etc/pki/tls/private/web1.mydomain.com.key

  TLS CA Certificate File = /etc/pki/CA/certs/ca.crt

  TLS Enable = yes

  TLS Require = yes

}

# Send all messages except skipped files back to Director

Messages {

  Name = Standard

  director = cloud-dir = all, !skipped, !restored

}

Made sure hostname -f gives me the right response:

[root@web1:/etc/bacula] #hostname -f

web1.mydomain.com

But when I go to restart bacula, something odd happens:

[root@web1:/etc/bacula] #service bacula-fd restart

Shutting down bacula-fd:                                   [FAILED]

Starting bacula-fd: 31-Jan 21:26 web1.mydomain.com: Fatal Error at filed.c:381 because:

Failed to initialize TLS context for File daemon "web1.jokefire.com" in /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf.

I don't see web1.jokefire.com mentioned anywhere until this error.  Why is that?

31-Jan 21:26 web1.mydomain.com: ERROR in filed.c:222 Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf

                                                           [FAILED]

I get a TLS error. Can someone please share their ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

Tim

--
GPG me!!