Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring Files still an issue

2015-01-24 03:43:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring Files still an issue
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Edmar Araújo <3dmar AT 3dmar DOT com>, Richard Durivage <RDurivage AT abs4sharp DOT com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 09:37:09 +0100
The email (see below) seems to be good advice as I recall that there was a case of missing higher level directories on Windows that caused all the restored files to be marked as invisible or visible only to the administrator.  It was a problem of permissions, and by ensuring that all higher level directories are created prior to the restore is a workaround for the problem.

When I backport all the Bacula Enterprise changes for the next community release in June-July (hopefully), this issue should be corrected, providing it is missing higher level directories and permissions problems when Bacula creates them.

Best regards,
Kern