Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Windows jobs keep failing part way or midway through

2015-01-15 01:38:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Windows jobs keep failing part way or midway through
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Justin Edmands <j.edmands AT sagedining DOT com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 07:32:47 +0100
Hello,

We have a bunch of Linux and a bunch of Windows clients. All Linux clients finish the nightly backup successfully. Most Windows clients will fail to complete the job after a few GB. It doesn't appear to be the same file across all backups. I watched a few die off and didn't notice a pattern in the files. Attempting to run a new Full of a failing Windows box also fails.

Box is new machine with Xeon processor/gigE/plenty of RAM/ and dedicated RAID via Areca card.

The job fails with:

Error: /home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/lib/bsock.c:393 Write error sending 63071 bytes to Storage daemon:hqbacula1:9103: ERR=Input/output error"

This is a network related problem. A dozen possibilities available. Firewall or IDS killing a connection, bad network card or driver, etc...

You have to check it all progressively.

best regrds
--
Radosław Korzeniewski