Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Backup fails for only 1 host: bsmtp ERROR

2014-12-29 18:34:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Backup fails for only 1 host: bsmtp ERROR
From: adameri <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 07:40:19 -0800
okay, i guess i found the solution

the other hardware network adapter maybe reacts different than the old one
(thats my assumption)

at least using the info from this link helped me to fix the issue:

http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=faq#my_backup_starts_but_dies_after_a_while_with_connection_reset_by_peer_error

i quote:

------
# netstat -to
tcp        0      0 client:9102       server:54043      ESTABLISHED  keepalive
(7196.36/0/0)
tcp        0      0 client:43628      server:9103       ESTABLISHED  keepalive
(7197.26/0/0)
In that case you can try setting the system defaults to lower value, for
example on GNU/Linux systems (or check URLs above for other systems) with:

sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time=60

Put that in /etc/sysctl.conf or /etc/sysctl.d/* to keep it across reboots.
------

i did this sysctl setup on the baculaserver which is virtualized inside a vmware
and it helped to solve the problem, i could tweak the time of course but its
now the last day before christmas and already 4.30 pm
work time over and so i dont care :D

have a nice holiday all of you

bye