Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Chged NAS size, now all files are written during first incr

2014-12-24 01:34:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Chged NAS size, now all files are written during first incr
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 07:28:50 +0100
Hello,

Other than to check the filesystem size when getting I/O errors, Bacula
never looks at it, so it is not possible that Bacula has decided to save
all files because of a filesystem size change.  In addition, the
decision of what to backup is made in the Dir and the FD, and neither of
these daemons know the filesystem size.  The filesystem size is only
checked in the SD, but the SD only stores and retrieves files.

More likely the process of changing the size on the NAS caused all your
files to be referenced, or even changed, and Bacula detected that change
and backed them up.

Best regards,
Kern