Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Purge question

2014-12-17 10:55:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Purge question
From: "Polcari, Joe (Contractor)" <Joe_Polcari AT cable.comcast DOT com>
To: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:52:05 +0000

This is what I’ll do, thanks!

From: Ana Emília M. Arruda [mailto:emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 9:49 AM
To: Polcari, Joe (Contractor)
Cc: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net

Hi Joe,

I would like to add some information here. Instead of deleting these volumes, if you have your pool configured for recycling, you can have your pools configured with the "Action On Purge = truncate" option. This way, when you purge a volume, Bacula will truncate it and avoid wasting of disk space.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ana