Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO speed optimisation

2014-12-17 09:16:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO speed optimisation
From: "Roberts, Ben" <ben.roberts AT gsacapital DOT com>
To: Alan Brown <a.brown AT ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:09:41 +0000
Hi Alan,

> It isn't a problem as long as you close off all tapes with smaller block
> sizes _before_ reconfiguring bacula for the larger block size.

That's great, thanks for letting me know; it's not clear from the manual that that should work. I won't be able to make this change right now as I'm about to hit the end-of-year backup window where the tapes run solidly for a few weeks, but it's definitely something I'll try toward the end of January! I will just need to pick a good time to make the change so I don't have to waste barely-used tapes.

Regards,
Ben Roberts

This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential and proprietary information and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please return the email to the sender and delete it from your computer and you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email or its contents. This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of GSA Capital. GSA Capital Partners LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is registered in England and Wales at Stratton House, 5 Stratton Street, London W1J 8LA, number OC309261. GSA Capital Services Limited is registered in England and Wales at the same address, number 5320529.