Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with Quantum SuperLoader 3 LTO-6

2014-12-03 06:50:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with Quantum SuperLoader 3 LTO-6
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Rainer Hackel <rainer.hackel AT degnerpartner DOT com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 08:45:06 -0300 (BRT)
Hello Bacula users,

we run bacula backup for a while now. We had to replace our Tandberg Tape-Library (StorageLoader LTO-5) by a Quantum device (Superloader LTO-6) and have some problems now. Maybe someone can help.

Next problem:

bconsole

update slots

Result:

3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.

Device "Autochanger" has 0 slots.

No slots in changer to scan.

But:

/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg1 list 0 /dev/nst0 0

Or

/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg1 slots

Or

/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg1 load 3 /dev/nst0 0

All works fine, shows amount of slots and also the labels of stored tapes.

Entry in bacula-sd.conf:

Autochanger {

  Name = Autochanger

  Device = LTO-5

  Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"

  Changer Device = /dev/changer

}

Rights on /dev:

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 3 Dec  2 09:38 changer -> sg1

crwxrwxrwx. 1 root tape 21, 1 Dec  2 09:38 sg1

Mr. Rainer: can you enable the mtx-changer script logging? (/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer.conf, debug_log=1).
Then post the output of mtx.log.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria  - LPIC-III | ITIL-F
12 a 23 de janeiro de 2015 - Treinamento Telepresencial Bacula: http://www.bacula.com.br/?p=2174