Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Webacula 7. Coming…

2014-10-28 00:14:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Webacula 7. Coming…
From: Victor Hugo dos Santos <listas.vhs AT gmail DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 01:08:22 -0300
On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com> wrote:
> On 14-10-05 03:36 AM, Yuriy Tim wrote:
>
> What I have in mind:
> 1 store all config files in the database
> 2 to store all the jobs in the database (for example, scheduled tasks, and
> not only already made)
> 3 to store other information in the same database
> 4 to have a function that preserves the tree to the the database for select
> the files and restore. Now it makes BVFS,but for Web-UI is useless.
>
> I once wrote in the bacula-devel but ....
>
> Bacula "configuration files editing" ? NOOOOOO! :)
>

> I am not sure why any one would object to doing configuration file editing
> in a Web based GUI -- we have that in Bacula Enterprise.  Also who you asked
> to program it and when could make a big difference in the response ...
>
> Where I am not very enthusiastic is to put the configuration files in the
> SQL database.  This would make it harder to recover Bacula during disaster
> recovery, and if you destroyed your database, it could make it impossible to
> even start Bacula.

Hi

I think the same with you about the posibility to store the
configuration in database (is a very, very, very bad idea) !!!
but, maybe the idea of this mail (If not, Yuriry can use this idea to
improve webacula) is to use a database to save all the hosts, files,
storages and others "only to webacula" interface... After the end, the
user will apply the changes and so, the GUI get all the information
from the database and generate a new bacula-dir.conf for example.

that is the same idea that the Centreon project use to make the nagios
configuration files, and IMHO, I believe that is a good idea.

salu2

Victor Hugo dos Santos
http://www.vhsantos.net
Linux Counter #224399