Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 5.2.13 bacula-dir fails to start

2014-10-20 18:43:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.2.13 bacula-dir fails to start
From: Peter Wood <peterwood.sd AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 15:40:47 -0700
I have bacula-5.2.13 running on CentOS6 x86_64.

It's been running for an year but a few days ago I had to restart the server and now the bacula-dir errors out:

[root@backup bacula]# bin/bacula-dir -d 99 -f
bacula-dir: dird.c:223-0 Debug level = 99
bacula-dir: dir_plugins.c:160-0 Load dir plugins
bacula-dir: dir_plugins.c:162-0 No dir plugin dir!
bacula-dir: postgresql.c:241-0 pg_real_connect done
bacula-dir: postgresql.c:243-0 db_user=bacula db_name=bacula db_password=*****
bin/bacula-dir: symbol lookup error: bin/bacula-dir: undefined symbol: _Z23init_python_interpreterP28init_python_interpreter_args
[root@backup bacula]#

The other daemons bacula-fd and bacula-sd are starting successfully from what I can tell without having access to the director.

Last restart was in Aug and things were working. Since then I upgraded OS packages and installed custom bacula-client package. I suspect that is what broke things but I can't find why. All config files look good and haven't been touched for a long time.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks,

-- Peter