Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Virtual Full only from non-virtual

2014-10-09 07:09:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Virtual Full only from non-virtual
From: David Prieto <davidp AT huelvayork DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 12:34:46 +0200
Hi

Our backup schema is the typical:

Full on disk on first saturday every month
Diff on disk the rest of saturdays
Incr on disk every day

But we also generate a VirtualFull *on tape* every day, that is kept offsite.

The default behaviour is that this VirtualFull becomes the last (more recent) Full, and next Virtual Full would be built from this.

To build the next Virtual Full from the Full+Diffs+Incrs and *not* from the previous VirtualFull, we applied the patch that was published by James Harper some years ago:

Now we want to update our installation (from this patched 5.0.2) to a 5.2.x from debian repositories, so we can keep the server software updated more easily.

Is this now possible without patching and recompiling bacula?

Thanks in advance!
--
Un saludo,
David Prieto.