Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can't figure out "exclude .cache" config

2014-10-02 15:40:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can't figure out "exclude .cache" config
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 16:38:21 -0300
@heitor Sorry I didn't make it clear, but of course I ran a new job and tested that when done. By the way how can estimate tell me it won't back up the core and .cache files - do I just compare its output with du or something? Also, I actuially watch the job by repeatedly doing status all, and I see it ploughing through the .cache folder with "Processing file...". I thought that would not show the .cache folder there if I'd got it right - is that correct?

Bill: sorry me. Is .cache a folder?
So the option is: WildDir, not WildFile.

wilddir=string
Specifies a wild-card string to be applied to directory names only. No filenames will be matched by this directive. Note, if Exclude is not enabled, the wild-card will select directories to be included. If Exclude=yes is specified, the wild-card will select which directories are to be excluded. Multiple wild-card directives may be specified, and they will be applied in turn until the first one that matches. Note, if you exclude a directory, no files or directories below it will be matched.

It is recommended to enclose the string in double quotes.

You may want to test your expressions prior to running your backup by using the bwild program. Please see the Utilitiesbwild chapter of this manual for more. You can also test your full FileSet definition by using the estimateestimate command in the Console chapter of this manual. An example of excluding with the WildDir option on Win32 machines is presented below.

Thanks for everyones help so far!

|This was sent by bill.damage AT yahoo DOT com via Backup Central.

Heitor Medrado de Faria
+55 61 2021-8260
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: www.bacula.com.br