Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bunch of files not being backed up

2014-10-02 09:08:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bunch of files not being backed up
From: eudald <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 04:00:38 -0700
Hello srs,

I've been working with bacula for close than 2 years although it's my first
time writing here, but I'm falling apart.

Today I noticed something really strange and I would like to know if it's a bug
or something that others have noticed and has its own solution.

I make a differential backup every day of the log files of all 30+ servers we
own. They're placed on its common path: /var/log
The sense says that everything inside /var/log will be backed up, and it
happens to every server BUT one.
With that server, bacula backs up all the files in /var/log, but I have a
folder inside /var/log from which it just backs up the folder and not its
content.
I must say that this folder is already on all the other servers and it's backed
up properly.

I'm just shocked about it. I tried to restore both from webacula and from
console and this folder is just empty!

Have you ever been in this situation? Do you need any deeper data?

Thanks and regards,
Eudald