Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Wakeonlan in bacula

2014-09-15 10:32:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Wakeonlan in bacula
From: Luc Van der Veken <lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 14:27:51 +0000
From: Bill Arlofski [mailto:waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com]
> 1. From a shell prompt:   bacula-dir -t -c /path/to/bacula-dir.conf

The documentation seems to agree with you, but I once found another command
somewhere (don't remember exactly where), with just the -v switch.

So the reload script I created to check & reload without having to enter the
full details looks like this (there are three lines if wrapping should occur, #
prepended to 2nd and 3rd line for safety):

#!/bin/sh
# bacula-dir -v /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
# [ $? -eq 0 ] && service bacula-director reload || echo Config error found,
NOT reloading.

It seems to work as intended, with good as well as with bad config files.
Is it really trying to start another instance of bacula-dir, or was I using
some undocumented feature without realizing?

When I add a -t switch, with or without -c, I get 4 or 5 lines of output about
orphaned buffers.
With only -v, I don't get those, but I *do* get the correct exit code to
indicate OK or bad config.