Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cryptic SD status: zero despooling speed

2014-09-13 02:37:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cryptic SD status: zero despooling speed
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Ivan Adzhubey <iadzhubey AT rics.bwh.harvard DOT edu>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 08:34:47 +0200
Hello,

The AveBytes/sec is the total number of bytes read from the FD for that
job divided by the total number of seconds the job has been running.

The LastBytes/sec is the number of bytes read from the FD for that job
since the last status command using a trivial smoothing algorithm that
includes the prior value of LastBytes.  Note, if you use multiple status
commands the LastBytes/sec will be updated if you wait at least 10
seconds between status commands.

Part of the calculation is done with 32 bit integer arithmetic, so there
is a possibility that there is a truncation error once the TotalBytes
exceed 4 billion -- i.e. there may be a bug in the calculation that I
will look at.

If you can check to see if the calculations look good during the first 4
GB of backup, but then drop to zero, please open a bug report.

Best regards,
Kern