Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Update pools from config files and update every volume

2014-08-22 08:28:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Update pools from config files and update every volume
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Jeff MacDonald <jeff AT terida DOT com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:22:29 -0300
Doesn't Bacula update de Pools every time director daemon is restarted?
About the Pools separation, I just do that if I want to have different retentions for its volumes.

Cheers,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Jeff MacDonald <jeff AT terida DOT com> wrote:
Which also makes me wonder if having a separate fill/inc/diff pool for each and every client is wise… or if it would be wiser to just have a separate full/inc/diff and only 3 pools :)

On Aug 21, 2014, at 11:42 PM, Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com> wrote:

> On 08/21/14 21:00, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
>> Is there a trick anyone has worked out to update every single pool to match the config files and then to have every volune update from every pool definition?
>>
>> I just did some major reconfiguring and don’t want to do it one by one.
>>

>> Jeff.

> Hi Jeff
>
> Edit your Pool resource definition(s), then:
>
> # bacula-dir -t -c /path/to/bacula-dir.conf
>
> to verify syntax.
>
> Then in bconsole, do:
>
> * reload
>
> and then:
>
> * update
>   Choose --> Pool from resource
>              --> Select a pool that was edited
>
> (Repeat for each edited pool)
>

> and finally, to update any volumes already in the edited and updated pools:
>
> * update
>  Choose --> Volume Parameters
>              --> 14: All Volumes from all Pools
>

> --
> Bill Arlofski
> Reverse Polarity, LLC
> http://www.revpol.com/
> -- Not responsible for anything below this line --

Heitor Medrado de Faria | Need Bacula training? 10% discount coupon code at Udemy: bacula-users
+55 61 2021-8260
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: www.bacula.com.br
Facebook: heitor.faria