Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] scripting bconsole (Re: vchanger and "intervention needed")

2014-08-19 13:13:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] scripting bconsole (Re: vchanger and "intervention needed")
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:10:42 -0300
Yes... Only the help job shows it:

*help run
  Command       Description
  =======       ===========
  run           Run a job

Arguments:
job=<job-name> client=<client-name>
fileset=<FileSet-name> level=<level-keyword>
storage=<storage-name> where=<directory-prefix>
when=<universal-time-specification> pool=<pool-name>

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu> wrote:
On 08/19/2014 08:10 AM, Heitor Faria wrote:
>>> The way every proper unix utility works is
>>>
>>> bconsole -c "delete volume=xyz" -y
>>
>> Bacula will do this for you without any other tools; you just need to
> amend the delete volume line to include "yes" on the end to suppress the
> prompt, e.g.
>> "delete volume=ABC123 yes"
>>
>> It doesn't appear to be documented in the manual but does work (I just
> tested it).
>
> Maybe not in the manual but I think the "help delete" command brings yes as
> a possible argument.

Not in 5.0 it doesn't:

*help delete
  Command       Description
  =======       ===========
  delete        Delete volume, pool or job

Arguments:
        volume=<vol-name> pool=<pool-name> jobid=<id>

When at a prompt, entering a period cancels the command.

*

As for the fine manual, all it says is "-n No conio (for scripting)" and
"-n" doesn't seem to do squat.

Anyway, thanks guys, next time I need to delete a bunch of volumes I'll
give the "delete volume yes" a try.
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin

Heitor Medrado de Faria | Need Bacula training? 10% discount coupon code at Udemy: bacula-users
+55 61 2021-8260
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: www.bacula.com.br
Facebook: heitor.faria