Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] scripting bconsole (Re: vchanger and "intervention needed")

2014-08-19 02:50:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] scripting bconsole (Re: vchanger and "intervention needed")
From: "Roberts, Ben" <ben.roberts AT gsacapital DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 06:43:00 +0000
> > You could use the expect command to script a reply to request as in:
>
> I could also use python's subprocess.Popen or execvp(3) and dup(2) in c.
> The way every proper unix utility works is
>
> bconsole -c "delete volume=xyz" -y

Bacula will do this for you without any other tools; you just need to amend the delete volume line to include "yes" on the end to suppress the prompt, e.g.
"delete volume=ABC123 yes"

It doesn't appear to be documented in the manual but does work (I just tested it).

Regards,
Ben Roberts

This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential and proprietary information and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please return the email to the sender and delete it from your computer and you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email or its contents. This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of GSA Capital. GSA Capital Partners LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is registered in England and Wales at Stratton House, 5 Stratton Street, London W1J 8LA, number OC309261. GSA Capital Services Limited is registered in England and Wales at the same address, number 5320529.