Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Permission issues with mounted folder & mounting and unmounting with bacula

2014-08-13 07:20:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] Permission issues with mounted folder & mounting and unmounting with bacula
From: Florian <florian.splett AT web DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:16:59 +0200
Hello.

I have two problems, still trying to setup my first bacula system.

The scenario: I have an ubuntu server 12.0.4 with bacula running on it
and a windows server, on which I want to save the backup files /
volumes. Best case would be to mount and unmount the windows server
folder (via samba) during a bacula job.

I added the windows server's folder to fstab. I can mount and unmount it
via terminal.
I modified the sudoers file so that bacula is allowed to use those
commands without requiring a password.

In the director file, I added thesescripts to my backup job, where <IP>
is the windows server:

Run Before Job = "sudo mount //<IP>/Data/Bacula"
Run After Job = "sudo umount //<IP>/Data/Bacula"

Now here are the problems:

1. the scripts in bacula-dir.conf don't seem t have any effect. I tried
mounting via terminal and commenting out the "Run Before Job"-part.
After running the job, the folder was still mounted though. Tried it the
other way around, too.

2. (This is not so much related to bacula) When attempting a backup, it
cancels with a timeout: "Fatal error: max run time exceeded, job
cancelled.". Prior to this I already get an error from the storage
daemon "Permission denied", while it tries to write to / create a volume.
I tried making bacula the owner of the mounted folder, but that didn't
help either.

Thanks in advance for any advise.