Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] handling of 'error' jobs

2014-08-12 15:20:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] handling of 'error' jobs
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 16:17:41 -0300
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> i want to know what strategies to use to handle failed jobs.
>
> I use a script checking for holidays. to avoid requesting tapes at days
> no one's available.
>
> what do you guys do to handle those types of situation?

I just let the jobs wait and not error out. I have nagios alert me
about this since I can no longer receive emails from bacula (network
security policy - linux severs are no longer connected in any way to
the internet).

Max Run Time = time
The time specifies the maximum allowed time that a job may run, counted from when the job starts, (not necessarily the same as when the job was scheduled).

By default, the the watchdog thread will kill any Job that has run more than 6 days. The maximum watchdog timeout is independent of MaxRunTime and cannot be changed.

John

Heitor Medrado de Faria
Autor e instrutor de: Bacula - Ferramenta Livre de Backup
www.bacula.com.br
61 2021-8260
61 8268-4220
Facebook: heitor.faria